Pneumatic ball valve is a ball valve with a pneumatic actuator. Pneumatic actuators have a relatively fast execution speed. The fastest switching speed is 0.05 seconds / time, so they are often called pneumatic quick-cut ball valves. Pneumatic ball valves are usually equipped with various accessories, such as solenoid valves, air source processing triplets, limit switches, positioners, control boxes, etc., to achieve local control and long-distance centralized control. The valve can be controlled in the control room It does not need to go to the scene or bring manual control at high altitude and dangerously, which greatly saves human resources and time and safety. Specific classification of pneumatic ball valves are: stainless steel pneumatic ball valves, plastic pneumatic ball valves, sanitary pneumatic ball valves, carbon steel pneumatic ball valves, two-way pneumatic ball valves, three-way pneumatic ball valves, four-way pneumatic ball valves.
Use of pneumatic ball valve
The working principle of the pneumatic ball valve is to open or close the valve by rotating the spool. Pneumatic ball valve switch is lightweight, small in size, can be made into a large caliber, reliable sealing, simple structure, easy maintenance, sealing surface and spherical surface are often closed, not easily eroded by the medium, widely used in various industries.
Pneumatic ball valve and plug valve are the same type of valve . Only its closing part is a ball. The ball rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close the valve .
Pneumatic ball valve is mainly used in the pipeline to cut off fast, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium. Pneumatic ball valve is a new type of valve , which has the following advantages:
1. The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to the pipe section of the same length.
2. Simple structure, small size and light weight.
3． It is tight and reliable. The sealing surface material of the ball valve is widely used in plastic and has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
4． Easy operation, fast opening and closing, only need to rotate 90 ° from fully open to fully closed, which is convenient for remote control.
5． Convenient maintenance, simple structure of pneumatic ball valve, seal ring is generally movable, easy to remove and replace.
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surfaces of the ball and valve seat are isolated from the medium, and the medium will not cause erosion of the valve sealing surface when the medium passes.
7. Wide range of applications, from small diameter to several millimeters, large to several meters, from high vacuum to high pressure can be applied.
8. Because the pneumatic ball valve power source uses gas, it is generally 0.2-0.8MPa pressure, which is relatively safe. If the pneumatic ball valve leaks air, compared to hydraulic and electric, the gas can be directly discharged without pollution to the environment and has high safety.
9. Compared to manual and turbine rotary ball valves, pneumatic ball valves can be configured with large calibers. (Manual and turbine rotary ball valves are generally below DN300 caliber, and pneumatic ball valves can reach DN1200 caliber.)
Pneumatic ball valve has been widely used in petroleum, chemical industry, power generation, papermaking, atomic energy, aviation, rocket and other departments, as well as people's daily life.